Laura Gonzalez's Cortland Experience


 Laura Gonzalez

SUNY Cortland Junior

From Salamanca, Spain 

What made you want to study in the US? More specifically Cortland? 

I wanted to live the American experience of being a student. Cortland was a good location,  close to New York City and some other cool places to visit like Niagara Falls. The University as a whole is great as well. 

Most interesting thing you've learned being in the US? 

I learned that many of the stereotypes of Americans are not actually real. 

How did your daily life change once you came to Cortland? 

I had to go out of my comfort zone and face learning to live a new life with new people. Adjusting to a different language along with all the other things was definitely difficult.

Where else have you traveled to during your time here at Cortland. so far? 

I've been to Toronto, Montreal, Niagara Falls, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Boston, Miami, Baltimore, New York City, and The Finger Lakes. Along with some state and national parks along the way!

What is your favorite thing about being in the US? 

My favorite thing would have to be the love for all different sports here. 




Comments

Popular Posts